Atlantic Airways – your North Atlantic Link
Atlantic Airways is a modern international airline company, whose corporate culture is known by its focus on safety, punctuality, the customer and the result. It is the only flight operator that offers direct flights between to the remote North Atlantic destination of the Faroe Islands; and the possibility to link the North Atlantic destinations with direct flights from mainland Europe.
Some facts about Atlantic Airways:
- Atlantic Airways was founded in 1987 and celebrated its 25th birthday in March 2013. It now operates a modern all-jet fleet of Airbus A319 and BAe RJ four-engined aircraft, seating 95 passengers.
- Atlantic Airways’ Airbus first A319 entered service in March 2012 and is fitted with special RNP-AR navigation equipment to facilitate landings in poor visibility. Two more such aircraft will join the fleet this year.
- Atlantic Airways connects Faroe Island to North Atlantic destinations, Spain and Italy. The busiest route is its service from the Faroe Islands to Copenhagen.
- About 20 per cent of the airline’s business consists of charter and ACMI (aircraft, crew, maintenance and insurance) contracts across Europe.
- Atlantic Airways also operates local helicopter services within the 18 Faroe Islands, as well as holding contracts to provide air-sea and other rescue services and support to offshore oil exploration activities.
Atlantic Airways is the national carrier of the Faroe Islands which were rated the No. 1 destination in the world among 111 cherished islands destinations by National Geographic.
What are the main destinations of Atlantic Airways?
Hub Vagar (FAE) with good connections via CPH
Where can I book and purchase a flight?
Through their Webpage, or through your Travel Agent.
Atlantic Airways offers production fares for tour operators, please contact your local Travel Agent.